Intro to Shooting
A structured course designed for the entry level shooter teaching the essential procedures to safely and properly handle and shoot a handgun.
The course opens with emphasis on firearm safety with progression to key subjects regarding the necessary skills, mindset, and ability to use a handgun.
Followed with a focused lesson on the core fundamentals where students establish a foundation to be effective and accurate.
Instructor then engages students with a “dry fire” (practice run) of the methods covered to ensure a full understanding and comprehension of the instruction is acknowledged before any live fire is involved.
The class is completed with a live fire session on the range where techniques are practiced with attention on safety, comfort, and accuracy where a raised level of trust and assurance is achieved.
- Firearms Safety
- Storage and Security
- Perceptive Awareness
- Introduction to Handgun Parts and Operation
- Types of Handgun Actions
- Ammunition Knowledge
- Proper Handgun Manipulation and Handling
- Correct Loading and Unloading
- Solid Grip
- Ready Position
- Trigger Control
- Recoil Management
- Shot Sequence
- Clearing Stoppages
- Handgun Selection
- Handgun Maintenance
- Personal Protection Doctrine
What you need to bring:
- Eye and ear protection (loaners available)
- Handgun in good working order (rentals available)
- 50 rounds or more of ammunition per student (purchase available)