Annual Guard Card Refresher Course $49.00
For this Guard Card Refresher course you must:
- Already possess a valid California Guard Registration Card (Guard Card) issued by BSIS.
- California ID, or Driver’s License
- A form of payment
Continued Education Training Requirements for Guard Card holders:
California State Law (B&P 7583.6) mandates that each registered security officer undergo eight (8) hours of annual “refresher” training each year to maintain their valid California Guard Registrations card. Failure to complete required refresher training can result in the loss of your Guard Card, work privileges and bring civil fines to both you and your employer of up to $5000.00 per occurrence.
Refresher Training – Course Description:
Our 8-Hour refresher course contains topics from the following courses out of the standard BSIS 40-Hour Course set:
- Power to Arrest / Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Communication and its Significance
- Public Relations
- Observation and Documentation
- Liability / Legal Aspects
- Arrests, Search and Seizure
Upon successful completion of the refresher training the graduate will receive a certificate of completion and will have fulfilled the BSIS training requirements outlined in B&P 7583.6.